Keep your beauty routine on track up to your big day!
This is it. You’re getting married to the love of your life. There are tons of things to do to prepare for the big day- reception, church, gown, entourage, etc. With the overwhelming tasks on hand, you might forget one of the most important things, and that is to look gorgeous! Here’s a month-by-month guide to jump start your beauty routine in time for your wedding day.
6 Months Before
Start a fitness regimen. Know your problem areas so you have ample time to work on it. Book a trainer or download free fitness apps to help you achieve your goals.
Go to a derma to treat skin problems. Seek advice from an expert who can assess your skin and lay out a treatment plan.
Have a regular skin care regimen. Do more than cleanse-tone-moisturize. Apply sunblock and masks regularly. Your skin will thank you for it.
5 Months Before
- Test out hair treatments. Whether it’s a new hair color, rebond or perm, get a feel of your new look a few months prior. This way, if it doesn’t suit you, your hair still has time to grow out.
- Get laser hair removal. Permanently say goodbye to unwanted hair. This usually requires at least 6 sessions spread throughout a couple of months.
4 Months Before
- Book trial hair and makeup. Take photos in different angles of your hair and makeup to see if you’ll feel confident and comfortable in it.
3 Months Before
- Take beauty vitamins. Biotin, Vitamins A, E and C are particularly beneficial to keeping your hair and nails healthy and strong.
2 Months Before
- Buy makeup for touch-ups. Ask your makeup artist what lipstick looks best on you so can have it handy. You’ll also need a face powder, oil control film, breath spray.
1 Month Before
- Retouch hair color. Finalize all the hair treatments including cut, color, rebond or perm.
- Get your teeth whitened. You’ll be flashing your pearly whites the entire day so make sure it’s picture-perfect.
- Have a facial. Don’t do this near the wedding day as your skin might have some redness that’ll be hard to cover with makeup.
3 Days Before
- Exfoliate. Slough away the dead skin cells of your face and body.
- Get a mani pedi. Go with gel polish so it doesn’t chip away easily.
- Groom brows. There are a lot of close-up shots so thread or wax away those stray hair.
The Day Before
- Exfoliate lips. You can use a lip scrub or a wet toothbrush.
- Hydrate. Drinking lots of water not only gives you clearer skin, but also provides you extra energy.
- Sleep early. Your body repairs itself and recovers while you’re sleeping so no wonder it’s called beauty sleep.
The Big Day!
You’ve prepared enough. Now just relax and enjoy the day. Make beautiful memories! 😊
Latest posts by Valerie Tan (see all)
- Editor’s Pick: Colour Collection High Definition Dual Powder Foundation - July 11, 2017
- Bridal Beauty: French Rose - June 7, 2017
- The Ultimate Wedding Beauty Countdown - June 2, 2017